Sunday, August 01, 2004

Well, I'm back at it! To make up a bit for all the days I missed, I decided to post three pictures today. I hope you enjoy them.

A note about the photography class:

I thoroughly enjoy it. I was pleased with most of the prints I made and I learned a lot. I was correct in predicting that going back to the Kodak point-and-shoot camera would be painful. There were pictures I really wanted to take, but just couldn't because of limitations of the camera. I hope that soon I'll have a digital camera with which I can take all the pictures that I would like to.

[Shameful begging starts now] If you would like to help me get a camera with which I can take pictures with real creativity, a donation would be wonderful. From one dollar to five hundred, they all would be greatly accepted. If you would like to donate, click the donate button on the right column below the copyright text. [/Shameful begging]

Anyway, it's changed my view of photography. I enjoyed doing black and white and I think I might start doing more black and white or de-saturated photos. We'll see. I hope you enjoy these three pictures.

-Tristan

4 Comments:

Blogger yourwaitress said...

welcome back tristan. i took my first photo class when i was your age, and had tons of fun with it. i look forward to seeing your new outlook. there is a great discussion at the photoblogs.org blog about turning color photos into b/w, you should find some great tips there. ;-)

2:53 AM  
Blogger Tristan said...

Thanks. Do you know the link for that discussion? I can't find it.

I'm thinking about taking a little trip somewhere away from my house (where I shoot most of my photos), I'll see this yields any interesting results if I decide to go ;)

-Tristan

11:27 AM  
Blogger yourwaitress said...

hey tristan, here you go:

b/w digital workflow postthe blog over there has been quite active lately and it took me awhile to find it.

also, you can post more than one picture at a time to your blog in the same post, just type ||, which is a double pipeline, made by holding down the "shift" and "\" keys twice. do that after the first picture and your title after the second. hello will then hold the first one and post it with the second. that's how i do mine. in fact, my post today has 26 pix! you can find more tips like this at the picasa hello+blogger forums.

thanks for the link today, i'm honored. keep up the great work! ;-)

7:10 PM  
Blogger Tristan said...

Thank you for the link(s) and the tip! I'll have to remember that next time I post more than one photo because it's much easier than going back to blogger and deleting/editing posts ;)

And no problem about the link, I noticed those 26 pictures and just thought, "Well, here's two...." I don't know that I'll be able to drive much traffic, but you, your site, and your photographs deserve to be noticed!

-Tristan

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about . feed . favorites . photoblogring: random list . copyright ©2004-2007 Tristan Gordon . powered by blogger